Follow us on our journey to our latest blessing from above.

"The word of the Lord is right and true,

He is faithful in all He does." Ps. 33:4

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Worhshipping and Staying Occupied

May 29,2011
We started our day off taking a taxicab to Kiev Hillsong Church. I had heard about it from another blog when they were here. She gave me directions to get there and Inna helped us find it yesterday and called a cab "today to take us. We arrived after it started but the praise and worship was awesome. The words were on the screen in both English and their language so we were able to sing along. They were singing popular praise songs we are familiar with. The main song we heard was Our God is Greater, Our God is Higher than any other. Some of the words wore if our God is for us who can be against us. It was so powerful. There was a female preacher and she was so passionate. Unfortunately there was no English interpretation but I got the gist of it due to videos. One Video showed someon in a race trying to jump the hurdles and then they just pushed them out of the way and kept running. Another video showed a runner fall while she was running and she got up and finished the race. Basically when we have obstacles or mountains in our way we can let them stop us or we can keep on going and push those mountains out of the way. We need to pick ourselves up and focus on Him to get us through. During one of the videos the song b Miley Cyrus played, "The Climb ". The words were just what I needed to remind me. "Theres always going to be another mountain--It's all about the climb. Everything the speaker talked about was in their language. But she had one phrase to say in English and she repeated several times. "The Best Is Yet To Come". For me today even though I couldn't understand the speaker, I heard her passion and her heart. It was like she spoke to me. That no matter what has been happening-no matter what mountain I have had to get through or over, I need to keep my eyes on him to get me through and to remember, "The Best is Yet to Come!" As I wait for tomorrow when I can see my girls and get the process rolling to get them home I know that "The Best is Yet to come!" And I can't wait to see what God has in store for us!
After Church we ate at a sweet little Italian restaurant. We had salad and pizza and it was very good. We rested for while at the apartment then met Inna for more walking and a riverboat cruise and then more walking and sightseeing. Tim and I finished the evening at our usual place to eat up the street from our apartment and now we are home relaxing. We can't wait until tomorrow when we can be with our girls tomorrow and Tuesday. I am holding on to the message "The Best is Yet to Come!"



















No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP