Follow us on our journey to our latest blessing from above.

"The word of the Lord is right and true,

He is faithful in all He does." Ps. 33:4

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Very hot and Tired



July 17,2011



Sorry about not blogging lately. I have been spending my days with Marina (Abby) and having a great time. It has been very hot here and humid. My apartment does not have air conditioning so it has been pretty miserable. I leave the windows and door to the patio open to let in any breeze I can get but that lets in the mosquitos and now I am eaten up with bites. Not only that there are some crazy bugs that make terrible buzzing noises right in my ear when I lay down and try to go to sleep. Needless to say I am getting no sleep. It is right now almost 2 in the morning and I am hot and itchy. I will be able to move to a different apartment on Wednesday that has air conditioning. Praise the Lord! Anyway Vika has still been away at the summer camp but tomorrow we can pick up the court decree and go get her and bring her back to the orphanage. I can't wait to see her again. Marina really knows and loves her mama. Today when I walked up on the grounds she saw me coming and ran toward me. She was yelling "mama, mama!" and jumped into my arms and gave me a big hug and kiss and then kept saying mama mama. She is very protective of her time with me. When any of the other girls come around she tells them to go away. I am a little worried about when Vika is back and she has to share her time with me. It will all work out. I have been bringing her a juice box and coookies when I come. The first time I brought the juice box it was so funny. She didn't know how to drink from a straw but soon figured it out. She loved the juice and drank and drank. She was so happy with the juice she hugged me while she drank it. Her favorite thing is the "hello" or toy phone. Vika's too. I only have one because they lost one so I need to get another one tomorrow. Marina loves the toy jewelry and little purse too. other than that she doesn't really play much with toys. It is kind of sad how all the kids here are outside but no toys. Mostly they just walk and walk around the grounds. There is a radio and sometimes they dance to the music. They love when we talk to them and touch them. They are starving for love and attachment. I have so many things to talk about. But I will save it for another post. I am emotionally drained right now. I have tried to post pictures but they won't download for some reason. I will try again tomorrow. Please continue to pray for us here. There is still so much to do to get the girls home. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. They are carrying me through this long time here. I miss my kids so much. I have been here 2 weeks and have almost 2 weeks to go. It is getting harder and harder. Good night and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP